1. Stabilizing food production, integrating agricultural industry, improving ecological environment, building intelligent agriculture facility, and improving the quality and safety of agricultural products
2. To reduce imported food, The Gambia relies on 85% of grain imports. Therefore, it is MUST to build a more complete modern agricultural production system. To increase of the country agriculture annual income has reached several hundred million USD, with an average annual growth rate of more than 20%, and the rural residents has increased 30%, an average annual increase of 8%, reducing food imports, creating a self-sufficient food ecology
3. Comprehensive production capacity to moving towards export trade. A total of 8 million mu of grain production functional zones will be built and strict protection will be implemented. The production capacity of 30 billion gam of grain will be effectively guaranteed. The total grain and animal husbandry will remain basically stable. The structure of major agricultural products will be optimized and the market supply and export capacity will be enhanced.
1. Upgrades Agricultural industry. Built 30 agricultural industrial clusters, 100 characteristic agricultural towns and 1,000 ecological pastures.
2. Agricultural equipment has improved perfectly. The agricultural infrastructure and cultivated land have been effectively improved. The proportion of first-class fields in standard farmland accounts for more than 50%, the area of facility agriculture is over 4 million mu, and the number of newly-added agricultural machinery and equipment exceeds 500,000 sets. The comprehensive mechanization level of rice cultivation and harvesting reaches over 75%. .Carry out seawater filtration technology and well-forming technology.
3. Recycling agriculture. Completion of modern ecological recycling agriculture based on national agricultural product quality and safety demonstration plan, scale livestock and poultry farm excreta resource utilization, comprehensive utilization of crop straw.
4. Reduce pests and bacterial diseases. The dominant control rate of major crop pests and diseases reached 98%, 95% and 40% respectively, and the use of pesticides and fertilizers decreased by 5% respectively. The diseased animals were treated harmlessly, and the pass rate of quality inspection of major agricultural products remained above 98%.
5. Industrial integration and development. The agricultural structure is further optimized, and agriculture and rural tourism are deeply integrated. 50 demonstration agricultural industrial chains will be built, and the output value of the leisure and sightseeing agriculture market will exceed 10 billion yuan.