Malaysia-Malacca Smart Educational City
(Image taken online, for reference only)
Location & Geographical Advantage
1. Located at the west coast of the Malay Peninsula, between Negeri Sembilan and Johor.
2. Situated close to the Straits of Melaka, the capital Kota Melaka is also known as the historical city.
3. The distrance from Malacca City to Malacca Batu Berendam Airport is about 10 kilometers; domestic routes have yet to be
opened, most of the flights are routed to Indonesia
4. The Malacca border is about 150 kilometers from Kuala Lumpur and it takes about 2.5 hours by car.
5. Malacca is approximately 245 kilometers from Singapore and requires at least 3 hours and 15 minutes by car.
6. Main role: It is an important trading port in the early days of Malaysia. It has attracted traders from the Middle East, China and
India to trade here.
7. Area: About 2,000 square kilometers
8. Population: About 800,000 people